Blue Dog Wine Tastings
Blue Dog Wine Tastings are informal, informational and fun, so please feel free to stop by at your convenience to try some delicious wines and enjoy a bit of cheese and crackers between tastes. Meet up with friends and kick your weekend off with a splash! Our Friday night tastings run September through December and March through June. See you then!
Here is a sampling of wines you might find on our tasting barrel:
- A delightful, dry German Riesling. This has lovely tart fruit and wet stone flavors and finishes dry.
- A really good Sonoma Chardonnay that is beautifully balanced. It has green apple and pear flavors with just a faint hint of oak. Very elegant in style. Aged in steel and neutral oak barrels.
- A 2016 Rosé of Pinot Noir from Monterey, California. Pale pink hues and light berry flavors brightened by underlying acidity make this rose a nice refreshing choice for summer sipping. This one has star-power written all over it.
- A well made Montepulciano d'Abruzzo from vineyards on a windy hillside off Italy's Adriatic coast. Coming from a small family estate, this red features cherry flavors and leather notes, finishing with soft, smooth tannins. Organically farmed.
- An excellent Cabernet Sauvignon from the Knight's Valley region of Sonoma. It's a hefty, full-flavored, but not over-the-top Cab. A bit more expensive than our regular tasting offerings, but well worth the money. Dark red fruit, espresso, earthiness, and depth come to mind. 91 points from Vinous Media (Antonio Galloni). Come give this one a try
Your Friends at Blue Dog Wines & Spirits